ARC Book Review - Offside: a Phoenix Sidewinders Hockey Romance (Book 1), by Amy Briggs

 



Book Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

Book Tropes: Hockey Romance, Brother’s Best Friend, Forbidden Romance
Second Chance / Missed Connection NHL Team Captain, He Falls Hard
NHL Expansion Team. 

Ryan Lindqvist, 32, was recently traded from the Minnesota NHL Hockey team to the new Phoenix Sidewinders Team. Ryan grew up in the Minnesota area. He loves the ice, cold, and wind. He knows going to Phoenix will be great for his career but, he isn't sure about the heat and the desert. 

Ryan's best friend is Griffin Callahan, goalie who was also traded to the Phoenix Sidewinders teams. Griffin has a sister, Maren, 27, who is in sports medicine. She has also been offered a job with the Phoenix Sidewinders team as the new Director of Sports Medicine for the team. She will be making sure the team stays functional, injury prevention, rehab, coordinating with the Dr's., day to day maintaince. Ryan had met Maren years ago when she was 18, a senior in high school, but they haven't been around each other since. Now, that they will be working together on the same team, things might have changed. 

Maren, loves that her brother Griffin is back in Phoenix, and he's back with the family and so close. But she doesn't like that she has to keep her relationship with Ryan from her brother, from her family. She wants to be with Ryan, but, they can't be 'out' due to their jobs with the NHL team. 

Throughout the story, we kept reading, I held his gaze for 2 seconds. I looked at her for 3 seconds. I stared at her / him for 30 seconds and looked away. I stood next to him / her for 30 seconds, time seemed to stand still. It seemed like we read that every few pages.  

I did receive a free ARC Copy of this book from the Author Amy Briggs. I am freely leaving a honest book review. 

Pages: 478

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The High Mountain Court By AK Mulford

ARC Book Review - Bad Bishop, (Society of Villains #1), LJ Shen

ARC Book Review - Twisted Pawn (Society of Villains, #2) by L.J. Shen